The following Translator Q & A is part of our Translator FAQ Series.
Question: What are the benefits of being a translator?
Answer: There are many work benefits of being a translator that come with the job. These include:
- Flexible work schedule
- Dynamic industry - You will need to constantly be learning to improve your translation abilities, this will keep you on your toes and keep you from getting too bored with your profession
- Entrepreneurial industry - many opportunities to start your own freelance translation business or translation agency at some point.
- Scalable pay as you get more specialized and gain more experience
- Meritocratic industry - over time you will get paid what you are worth in real terms instead of seeing just small meaningless incremental improvements in pay based on time elapsed
- Can you help me figure out what a common translator fee would be?
- What technical skills are needed for translators?
- Is there a translator certification program online that I can complete?
- What important ethics should be considered within translation projects?
- Where can I find more translation internships?