Question: How can I start my own freelance translation business?
Answer: There are many things you can do to start your own freelance translation business, here we will provide a few tips and then link out to further blog posts topics on this as they are published. Here are our top 3 tips:
1) Branding & Website Work: Start a website promoting your freelance translation company name. This can easily be done by getting a cheap domain name at Godaddy.com, a cheap logo at Design99.com, and a cheap website template at FreeWebsiteTemplates.com or Templates4U.com.
2) Defining your agency: Define your rates and specialization. Attempt to specialize as much as possible so you can define who you are serving well and become excellent at serving that small niche better than anyone else can.
3) Marketing: Meet with potential client in-person, always over-deliver, request half payment upfront before starting on any project, and start building up a potential client list of companies that you should be meeting with every month to grow relationships.
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview