Question: How can I become a certified translator?
Answer: To become a certified translator follow these three steps:
1) Make sure you know what language you will be translating into or from so that you can further train and develop your language skills within that area. Practice daily and take a serious approach to this if you really want it to become your career or profession.
2) Register, prepare for and complete a translator training or translation certification program. Learn more about the Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program.
3) Once you have completed such a program update your resume, business cards, personal website and Facebook or Linkedin.com pages to reflect this certification that you hold. Continue to constantly refine your skills and figure out which niche or specialization you would like to focus in to become an expert translator.
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview