Question: What experience is required to become a translator?
Answer: Deep language experience is needed to become a translator. Professional translators should not take on assignments until they know they can translate a passage that can be read by any native language speaker without noticing any mistakes or errors caused during the translation. Even more importantly the meaning of your translations must stay in take during the process, this is often over-looked but highly valuable to all clients who may hire you to do translation work.
To learn more about translation experience and careers please see our Translator Employment Guide.
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview