The following Translator Q & A is part of our Translator FAQ Series.
Question: Do you have tips for creating my translator resume?
Answer: Yes, there are many things you should keep in mind while creating your translator resume. These include:
- Using action words to start each bullet point
- Keeping your resume to a maximum of one single page
- Keeping your job objective brief or taken out completely
- Place your experience at the top if that is strongest, if your training is stronger than your experience than place your education and training at the top of the resume
- Review every draft of your resume 5 times before showing it to anyone
- Always customize an email or cover letter while sending out your resume
- Include your phone number, email address, address, and name in large font on your resume
- Add everything that shows your deep cultural and language skills within your targeted language