How to Become a Successful Translator
Starting a translation career can be fun but it is also challenging, I have personally been both a freelance and in-house corporate translator in the past and here are some tips on becoming a successful translator.
- Having the ability to write well is very important.
- You have to know a second language just as well as you know your first so that you can converse with those who so speak the language natively.
- A degree is not necessary, but holding a university degree or qualification in translation such as a certificate in translation can be very important when looking for jobs or working as a freelance translator.
- Be confident in your target language and within the specific industries you serve clients in such as finance and banking or sports marketing.
- Be familiar with the subject matter of what is to be translated before accepting assignments or full time positions.
- Practicing your second or third languages daily or participating in exchange program or work abroad is highly recommended.
Tags: How to Become a Successful Translator, Becoming a Translator, Tips on Becoming A Translator