Answer: The process is relatively simple at a high level, here it is:
- Become bilingual - master another language to the point where you can write, translate into and out of and speak the second language as it it was your own.
- Practice translating passages daily and start working for clients for free or within internship positions to build your experience.
- Complete the Certified Translation Professional (CTP) program to become a certified translator in the industry
- Complete additional paid translation work and decide whether to work for a translation agency or work within a freelance capacity for yourself
- Constantly learn more about the cultures behind your target languages so that you can combine this with your work experience to become an excellent translator
Learn more: Tags: What is the process of becoming a professional translator, process of becoming a professional translator, becoming a professional translator, professional translator