Translator Training Video Platforms - Which Are Valuable?
There are now more translator training video platforms than ever before and new ones are being started every year for this growing industry. With all of the options out there how do you decide which one is the most valuable for your situation and level of experience?
Here are 4 things to look for in a translator training video platform:
- How often are the videos updated or uploaded? Typically new videos every month is what would be expected unless the platform already has over 50 total videos.
- Can participants or members provide feedback to help improve or create new videos on topics of their interest? If so, this is a big advantage as you can help shape how the video platform takes form.
- When was the video training platform started? Was it just launched? Does the platform look professional? Watching a few example videos from within the platform can help answer these questions.
- Who runs the translator training platform or association behind the scenes? Is it a multimedia company? translation association? or a training institute? All of these factors are going to change your opinion of how credible, thorough, updated, and practical the advice is. Our team has found that video put out by colleges for example may be more thorough but also more theoretical making it a bit harder to apply to real life situations.
That being said, most translators can gain an edge within the industry by completing a translator certification program such as the Certified Translation Professional (CTP)
To learn more about this program now please visit http://TranslationTraining.org
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Adriana_TassiniBy Adriana Tassini
Additional Related Resources:
1. Translator Certification
2. Translator FAQ
3. Online Translator Training
4. Translator Designation
5. Translation Certificate