Early on in my translation career, are there ways to really impress my boss or employer?
Well, sure. Do the job well, do it right, do it on time or even early. Be polite and non-abrasive, eager, enthusiastic, helpful, and friendly. Don’t gossip about your fellow employees, nor make personal comments that might be embarrassing or that might tip into the territory of harassment. These are all general tips for any new employee. Then, in terms of translation, know your stuff. Know what the resources available to you are, and use them if you’re allowed to do so. But don’t brag about your knowledge or show off—which can be irritating and comes across as callow anyway.
-By Adriana Tassini
The following Translator Q & A is part of our Translator FAQ Series.Question:Answer: Learn more:
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview