If I want to work from home in the translation field, is that possible?
Oh my, yes. What with the advent of the internet and computers, I’d hazard a guess that most freelancer translators do so. If you’re not working in-house for an agency or a corporation, there’s very little need to have an actual storefront. So that is an expense that you can avoid completely, unless you really, truly need to separate your work space from your home space—which some people do need to do, psychologically, in order to be productive or to clear their minds from their work. But—and this is only half in jest--there’s always the corner Starbucks for that, right?
-By Adriana Tassini
The following Translator Q & A is part of our Translator FAQ Series.Question:Answer: Learn more:
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview