Is networking important as a translation professional?
Yes. Oh, should I say more than that? Okay, yes it definitely is. If you want to get referrals, instead of competing for work on the basis of who can do something the cheapest and the quickest, you want to build a network. The network you establish can help you when you’re stuck, temporarily join you for teamwork, and potentially offer you opportunities for both short and long-term work. Plus translation can be a quiet, lonely job—as opposed to interpreting, which is often less so, of course—and having a network can be invaluable. Your network can help you notice changes and trends, as well.
-By Adriana Tassini
The following Translator Q & A is part of our Translator FAQ Series.Question:Answer: Learn more:
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview