What else can I do to better my chances of finding a translation job?
My number one piece of advice for anyone who is looking for a translation job, as opposed to looking to be a freelancer or consultant remains the following: sign up for LinkedIn.com and fill out your profile in a way that targets your strengths, what kind of work you want to do, and is appealing to someone who is looking to fill a translation job. Put yourself in the position of your potential employer. What might you want if you were they? Obviously you can’t fulfill every ideal that an employer would be looking for, especially if you’re just starting out, but if you put yourself in the mindset of your employer, how can you truthfully highlight what you’ve got to offer in such a way as to make them want to contact you—and hopefully hire you?
-By Adriana Tassini
The following Translator Q & A is part of our Translator FAQ Series.Question:Answer: Learn more:
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview