What is the #1 thing which holds back most people's careers in translation?
The #1 thing? Hmm. I’d say a bad marketing and promotion plan. So often we work in our little corners of the world and expect the world to come to us. Not so. Sure, there’s some word-of-mouth business that will come across the transom, but if you don’t have a plan and stay ahead of the market this way, you’ll still be in your own little corner, instead of growing your business. And, since it’s hard for me to just list one thing, I’d also say that resting on one’s laurels, instead of constantly trying to grown, learn, and move forward, can also stymie most people’s careers.
-By Adriana Tassini
The following Translator Q & A is part of our Translator FAQ Series.Question:Answer: Learn more:
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview