Question: How can I get a job as a translator?
Answer: We get a lot of questions about how to get a job as a translator, here are our top answers to this question:
- Develop your resume to a 1 page masterpiece of presenting your experience. Specialize early on in your career within key areas that you enjoy and are good at translating and present that strongly on paper through a well refined resume and project list.
- Develop an online website that is YourName.com that presents your experience within the industry and allows others to download your resume or contact you directly.
- Work for free if you have to until you prove your value to a translation client or agency - that will show them you are committed to working with them long-term in a way that benefits both parties and not just yourself.
- Always plan, train yourself, and invest in your translation career for the long-term and don't take short cuts
- How can I become a certified translator?
- Should I become a translator?
- What can I charge per word as a professional translator?
- What is the best way to get trained as a translator?
- What experience is required to become a translator?
- How can I get certified as a translator?
- How much can translators make per year?
- How can I start my own freelance translation business?
- How can I find my own translation projects and clients?
- What is the best book for learning how to be a translator?
- Can you help explain how to be a translator?
- Do you have tips for creating my translator resume?
- How can I get a internship as a translator?
- What are the most popular translator training programs?
- How much do translation training courses cost?