Completing a Translation Certificate Program and Positioning Your Expertise
By completing a translation certificate program you can better position yourself as a professional translator in the industry who is well established and trained. This article is going to provide you with many tactics to help position yourself better after you have completed a translator certification.
Top positioning tips for certified translators:
- Get the certification logo from the association website and place it on your Facebook, Linkedin, and person bio website pages with a link back to the program you completed so potential employers can see what earning that designation really means.
- If you don't have one created already create a one page bio website on your abilities, if possible get your firstnamelastname.com as your website URL so that you can direct potential clients there to view your resume, bio, and experience.
- Create profiles on as many professional websites as possible so that you can come up within many of the top search results when someone looks for your name on Google to check your credibility
- Completely re-vamp your resume. Re-write everything to be more powerful, tangible, action-oriented, and direct towards the types of translation projects you want to position yourself to complete. Show it to nobody until you have read it out loud through five drafts to catch all major mistakes.
- Talk to the group which issued you the translator certificate program to make sure you have taken advantage of all the ongoing educational and career networking benefits that they offer.
Follow these tips and you will be better positioned than most other translation professionals.
That being said, most translators can gain an edge within the industry by completing a translator certification program such as the Certified Translation Professional (CTP)
To learn more about this program now please visit http://TranslationTraining.org
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Adriana_TassiniBy Adriana Tassini
Additional Related Resources:
1. Translator Certification
2. Translator FAQ
3. Online Translator Training
4. Translator Designation
5. Translation Certificate