Here are our top tactics to use while completing a training program to improve your career within the translation industry:
- Most importantly - invest for the long-term. Invest your time, money, and social network in positioning yourself for success for the many years to come.
- Be ethical. Pay attention to industry best practices, guidelines, and ethical procedures discussed within a translation certification program to make sure you don't cut your own career short by cutting corners.\
- Constantly improve yourself. To be a great translator you need to constantly be refining your understanding of your source and target languages. One great way to do this is to travel to or live in your target language country or several of these countries so you can pick up the true meanings behind some hard-to-understand words.
- Take great notes during any translator certification or training program you complete and then type those notes up into a one page summary. Constantly build up your one page summary of best tips for you in succeeding as a translator and review those daily.
That being said, most translators can gain an edge within the industry by completing a translator certification program such as the Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Designation.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Adriana_TassiniBy Adriana Tassini
Additional Related Resources:
1. Translator Certification
2. Translator FAQ
3. Online Translator Training
4. Translator Designation
5. Translation Certificate