How To Become A Translator
This article is going to provide tips on how to become a translator within just 1-2 years. These tips will not guarantee that you get into the industry immediately but they should help you avoid mistakes and speed up this process.
Top 7 Tips For Those Looking to Become a Translator
- Choose your source and target language pair and master that second language as if it was your own, never stop learning more vocab and grammar rules within that second language.
- Along those same lines start studying the culture behind that language to find hidden meanings of words and inflections otherwise missed within writings that you will need to translate.
- Study the industry by completing a translator training or translation certification program.
- Learn from experts in the industry by getting mentored by experienced professionals in the industry or listening to a translator audio expert interview series of some type.
- Be knowledgeable about translation industry ethics and never cut corners. Invest in your own career and take actions that always consider the longer term effects of what you are doing.
- Subscribe to several blogs, forums, and newsletters in the industry to keep on top of trends and challenges that other translators are facing so you can learn from their mistakes as well as your own.
- Work for free if you have to or complete internships to practice your translation work and build up a client and project list that will bring you more work in the future. This is critical to being a trusted, experienced, and highly sought after translation expert.
That being said, most translators can gain an edge within the industry by completing a translator certification program such as the Certified Translation Professional (CTP)
To learn more about this program now please visit http://TranslationTraining.org
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Adriana_TassiniBy Adriana Tassini
Additional Related Resources:
1. Translator Certification
2. Translator FAQ
3. Online Translator Training
4. Translator Designation
5. Translation Certificate