How to Earn a Professional Certificate in Translation
Trying to figure out how to complete a professional certificate in translation can be overwhelming so this article was written to help you figure out that process and move forward within your career. Before we get into the main meat of the article I want to define what we are talking about here. A professional certificate in translation is a piece of evidence from a third party that you have completed a certain course or program that is being offered.
To complete a certificate program such as the CTP program follow these steps:
- Register for the program if you have not already
- Identify the study guide, assigned readings, keywords to focus on, and book summaries if available
- Access the video training modules and download and/or listen to the audio expert interviews as well
- Create a page of notes where you write down and keep the most important lessons, keyword focused areas, and chapter summary information in one place
- Type up your notes and read them into an audio recording advice so you can then listen to this summary of the program material while you eat, sleep, workout, or drive your car
In our experience the #1 reason why professionals do not graduate from these types of programs is that they do not have a process such as this to follow, if they did the pass rate would surely go up by 10-15% over night.
That being said, most translators can gain an edge within the industry by completing a translator certification program such as the Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Designation.
To learn more about this program now please visit http://TranslationTraining.org
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Adriana_TassiniBy Adriana Tassini
Additional Related Resources:
1. Translator Certification
2. Translator FAQ
3. Online Translator Training
4. Translator Designation
5. Translation Certificate