Research on Translator Certification Programs
If you are conducting research on translator certification programs this article will help you get the facts. Our team recently completed thorough research within this space earlier this year while trying to assess which programs were the most valuable, well planned out, and practical for translators in the industry. This research should help you decide if a designation program makes sense for your own personal career or business goals. Here is what we have found:
- There are few choices for translators to review, many translator designation programs are specific to one single specialization, state, or country and very few are global in nature. Based on our research only the Global Translation Institute (GTI) and ATA provide such programs.
- There is confusion between the differences of a translator certificate, translator course, translation masters degree, and certification program. Make sure that you do enough research to clearly understand the differences, in short a certificate means you have completed a training program, a certification means you are certified by a third party or body, and a degree is a more traditional combination of language courses and training.
- Most programs cost $300-$1,500 while some cost much more if they are part of a degree program
- There is a great need for more training for translators and the use of a translator training video platform is one such tool that will probably become very popular in the near future
That being said, most translators can gain an edge within the industry by completing a translator certification program such as the Certified Translation Professional (CTP)
To learn more about this program now please visit http://TranslationTraining.org
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Adriana_TassiniBy Adriana Tassini
Additional Related Resources:
1. Translator Certification
2. Translator FAQ
3. Online Translator Training
4. Translator Designation
5. Translation Certificate