Translator Training Using Multimedia - Best Practices Shared
There is an ongoing trend for translation associations and training institutes to use multimedia in conducting their translator training and this article provides our lessons learned and best practices in doing so.
There are 5 best practices that we have picked up in using multimedia within a translator training program.
1) Always invest in the best equipment possible. Nowdays high-end HD video equipment and professional grade audio mics are so inexpensive that if you spend just $2,000 you can have an end product that sounds like a production quality piece of multimedia.
2) Training or investing in the right software platform can drastically improve the end result as well. Our team recently upgraded the software we were using to edit our videos and instantly they appeared more valuable and were more engaging.
3) Hire experienced video professionals to do all of your video shooting, while this is more expensive than doing it yourself it will pay dividends in the higher quality end product that you will have for years to come. Video is a long-term investment and it must be seen that way, it is not a typical cost center.
4) Use umbrella lights or "day flo" lighting systems that will make your picture more professional - especially if you are not working with a production quality camera which helps cover up some bad lighting situations.
5) If you are going to launch a translator training video platform give yourself 3-6 months to play around with the formatting and presentation to make sure it comes off as professional, it is surprising how many weeks it can take to get these types of details just right.
This what we have learned from working with different formats of multimedia within the translator training programs that we offer, I hope this helps you and your team as well.
That being said, most translators can gain an edge within the industry by completing a translator certification program such as the Certified Translation Professional (CTP)
To learn more about this program now please visit http://TranslationTraining.org
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Adriana_TassiniBy Adriana Tassini
Additional Related Resources:
1. Translator Certification
2. Translator FAQ
3. Online Translator Training
4. Translator Designation
5. Translation Certificate