Top 4 Translation Training Tips
Three translators complete the same translation training program. One professional may benefit by by learning more about ethics, another may benefit from learning about industry best practices and the third may not receive any long-term benefits at all. How does this happen?
It all depends on how you approach learning and how you see yourself growing within your career. If you are unsure about what you want, not sure if you want to really be a great translator, and you don't have long-term 3, 5, and 7 year goals you never get anywhere significant without great luck. On the other hand if you make a career plan for yourself, constantly develop it, meet with mentors and experts, and complete thorough training within the industry you will go far and do very well.
Here are 4 Translation Training Tips
- Take lots of notes during the program and then type up the most important notes and overall lessons after the program is over
- Now look at all your past notes from every training program you have ever completed and type them onto one single page that you can print out from your computer. Every time you read a book, get a good tip from an article, or meet with a mentor include that tip or best practice on this one page cheat sheet for success in your life. Print that article and read it twice daily to keep focused on what you really need to do in your life to become a huge success
- Now become a sponge and suck up knowledge that has anything to do with translation, your target language, the culture behind your target language, or project management.
- Rinse and repeat - keep on refining your one page cheat sheet to success and constantly update and review it.
To learn more about this program now please visit http://TranslationTraining.org
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Adriana_TassiniBy Adriana Tassini
Additional Related Resources:
1. Translator Certification
2. Translator FAQ
3. Online Translator Training
4. Translator Designation
5. Translation Certificate