Translation Certificate Program - How to Get The Most Out of One
Within this article we are going to provide you with tips on how to maximize your value within a translation certificate program. If you are a translation professional looking at how to get certified this may be the most important article you read all year.
Our tips on getting the most out of a translator certification program:
- Take advantage of the career coaching provided by the program administrators. This benefit is offered because the organization behind the certificate wants their members to succeed long-term and become great model alumni of the program.
- Make sure you study every day for the examination that is being offered, by doing this you will do very well on the test and more importantly ingrain this translation knowledge into your work habits and long-term memory
- Find someone to study with so you can share stories, help each other keep on track for the test, and share study tips and resources.
- Refine your resume until is perfect by using the program's coaches to help you edit drafts of it. Re-write your old resume, read it out loud, make it just 1 page long and then send each draft to your contact at the training program to get additional advice on how to improve it further. Do this over and over again until it is concise and powerful.
By Adriana Tassini
Additional Related Resources:
1. Translator Certification
2. Translator FAQ
3. Online Translator Training
4. Translator Designation
5. Translation Certificate