How can I increase my chances of being hired for a translation position while I’m still in school?
I’d say that the number one way you can help yourself out is here is to get an internship, whether it’s paid or unpaid. Experience counts so much when you’re job hunting, and employers know it. And once you’ve had an internship, you can often leverage those contacts and/or that company into some kind of ongoing, paid work—assuming you’ve done a good job and the firm is happy with you. Don’t ignore your school’s career center, and absolutely make sure you sign up at LinkedIn.com. And don’t just sign up: fill out your profile in a complete and completely professional way.
-By Adriana Tassini
The following Translator Q & A is part of our Translator FAQ Series.Question:Answer: Learn more:
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview