What are the responsibilities of a translation professional?
The responsibilities of a translation professional are myriad and varied, depending on where one is working, both in the profession and in the world.
However, the bottom line responsibilities are accuracy, attention to detail, as well as timeliness and punctuality. In the case of the latter, for example, whatever the agreed-upon deadline, it’s crucial to meet it.
Basic responsibilities: communicating the meaning of a text in a different language, or making sure that the text has been communicated properly. So a translation professional needs to: hear or read a text or speech and then translate or interpret it. Being available via phone, email, or Skype is another responsibility, as is being available to answer questions or revise a document.
-By Adriana Tassini
The following Translator Q & A is part of our Translator FAQ Series.Question:Answer: Learn more:
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview