What tools do translation professionals use every day?
Just about all of us use computers of some kind—whether we have a desktop, a laptop, a netbook, a tablet, or a Smartphone--and the internet. And of course we all use the gray matter between our ears. The rest is optional. Some use paper and pencil; some use paper dictionaries and others use online glossaries or online dictionaries. Some use CAT tools; others don’t—although increasingly more of us do. I can’t imagine not having the internet at my disposal, and yet, perhaps there are corners of the world where perhaps that’s the case. We all use word processing software of some kind. We all use the phone—although perhaps that’s not really what you meant. And most of us use printers, although that’s a bit up to personal preference.
-By Adriana Tassini
The following Translator Q & A is part of our Translator FAQ Series.Question:Answer: Learn more:
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview