Where is the best place to find work as a translation professional?
The internet is THE marketplace. Business social networks, particularly LinkedIn.com, have taken over much of the function of the work wanted ads in the classified section of the newspaper. So if you want to work for a corporation or an agency, your best bet is to search the internet for potential employers and make sure you have a good, relevant profile online, especially on LinkedIn. Translation networks such as GTI and the ATA have sections where clients can search for a professional as well, for freelancers and you can also get a large amount of work through online translator networks. Caveat emptor there, of course.
-By Adriana Tassini
The following Translator Q & A is part of our Translator FAQ Series.Question:Answer: Learn more:
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview