Question: Is there an online class on how to become a translator?
Answer: Yes there are many classes that help prepare you to become a translator, but one thing is important to understand upfront. There is a big difference between knowing two languages and knowing how to be a professional translator.
To know how to actually work in the industry, excel, grow your career, treat clients well, conduct your work ethically, and grow your area of specialization over time you need to really get trained as a professional in the area. This can be done through online courses, translator certification programs, college courses, certificate programs, mentors, or self-study.
- How can I become a certified translator?
- Should I become a translator?
- What can I charge per word as a professional translator?
- What is the best way to get trained as a translator?
- What experience is required to become a translator?
- How can I get certified as a translator?
- How much can translators make per year?
- How can I start my own freelance translation business?
- How can I find my own translation projects and clients?
- What is the best book for learning how to be a translator?
- Can you help explain how to be a translator?