Question: Why type of certified translation courses are available?
Answer: There are basically two types of certified translation courses available to choose from. The first type is the traditional on-campus courses which involve language instruction, interaction with a teacher and other students, but also involves more of a time commitment and typically involves higher costs as well. The other option is to complete a hybrid or online model of a certified translation course. With this type it is assumed or required that you have language experience already and you are tested on that knowledge and then also tested on industry best practices, ethics, and work guidelines. This type of translation course is less interaction in most cases but is also more convenient and affordable as well.
I hope this overview of two types of certified translation courses is helpful, please see below for more FAQ.
- What is included within your translator's guide?
- How do you become a certified translator?
- Where can I get training to become a certified translator?
- What should I study now to become a translator?
- What skills are needed to become a translator?
- What is the best way to become a translator?
- How can I become a certified translator?