Earn a Professional Certificate in Translation - 6 Tips For Doing So Now
Within this article we are going to help you figure out how to earn a professional certificate in translation while avoiding the common mistakes that are often made in the industry.
Here are our top 6 tips for successfully completing a translation certificate program:
- Leverage the team behind the certificate program and get career coaching, resume feedback, a resume template, and workbooks to help improve your career
- Don't wait until the month before the examination to begin studying, start studying early and get it done with. Waiting will only make things harder and will end up with you getting less out of the program overall.
- Make sure and listen to any expert audio interview resources the program may have available this can be a great opportunity to get coaching and advice from translators who have faced typical challenges in the industry and have since overcame them to become successful translation professionals in the industry.
- Take great notes, summarize those notes and then create MP3 audio recordings to help yourself study. By doing this you can learn through auditory sensory as well as visual by reading, this can really help you remember facts, figures, and industry best practices better and it will help your career long-term.
- Try to study with friends or peers, it will make the process more fun and you will learn from their insights.
- Study the target language and surrounding culture daily so that you become a true master at it and know the language better than those who live in that country.
That being said, most translators can gain an edge within the industry by completing a translator certification program such as the Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Designation.
To learn more about this program now please visit http://TranslationTraining.org
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Adriana_Tassini
By Adriana Tassini
Additional Related Resources:
1. Translator Certification
2. Translator FAQ
3. Online Translator Training
4. Translator Designation
5. Translation Certificate