How can I become a great translation specialist?
Read, write, care., stay connected. Read in all your languages. Write in your target language. Care about your customers, your texts, your deadlines, your quality, and the meaning of every word and phrase that comes from your keyboard, your pen or your lips, professionally. Stay connected to all your languages and to their cultures as well. Stay connected to your specialized industry: don’t let it drift from you, as the vocabulary can morph away from your knowledge in an amazingly short amount of time. It doesn’t take that many words to cover what it takes. It’s not too hard to be good, but you have to really work and want to be great.
-By Adriana Tassini
The following Translator Q & A is part of our Translator FAQ Series.Question:Answer: Learn more:
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview