What benefits are there in being a translation specialist or professional?
There are so many. The field is dynamic, creative, intellectually challenging, and fascinating. You get to work with words, languages, communication, and meaning in not one but two or even three languages. You can set your own hours and run your own business. And you are in a profession where you can really help people, without having to go into government or social work, because there are always situations in which knowing exactly what is being said or meant is crucial for someone else’s well being. The field has so many nooks and crannies—varied aspects and varied specialties, that there’s a place for almost everyone who’s interested and a niche for anyone who wants to find one.
-By Adriana Tassini
The following Translator Q & A is part of our Translator FAQ Series.Question:Answer: Learn more:
- Download our free Translator Guide E-book
- Certified Translation Professional (CTP) Program
- Translation Industry Articles
- Translator Training Video & Audio Platform
- Translator Employment Guide
- Translation Training Blog
- Expert Translation Interview