Question: What do you need to be a translator?
Answer: There are many things that you need to be a translator, some of these things include:
- Mastery of your own source and target languages
- Translator training or certification through programs such as the CTP Designation
- Experience through internships and translation projects
- References from clients that you have worked with in the past
- Where can I prepare to be a translator?
- What is a professional translation certificate?
- How can I complete a professional translation course?
- What sites provide professional translation jobs?
- What is a rate for a certified translation vs. regular translation?
- How can I study to become a translator or interpreter?
- How can I have a successful translator career?
- What are the top translation schools in the world?
- Who is training translators?
- Where can I get translator career information?
- What courses should I take to become a translator?