Question: What are the top translation schools in the world?
Answer: There really are few schools which focus completely on training translators. This is because the translation industry is diverse and in any one geographical location there are only so many professional translators. The result is that many large universities which offer dozens of degree programs are now offering translation certificates, and at the same time many private translation training companies and certification groups.
If you are afraid of attending a translation school make sure and look for these characteristics to make sure the school is going to be worth your investment of hard earned money and time. The school should offer these two things:
- Offer classes taught by a translator who has actually worked in the industry for a long-time and not just taught courses as a professor.
- Allow you to study industry best practices and work guidelines in addition to mastering your language skills
- How can I become a certified legal translator?
- What should I do now that I know I want to become a translator?
- What are some interview questions for translators?
- What is a good language translation blog?
- Where can I go to find language translation jobs?
- Where can I take an online certified translation course?
- Where can I take online legal translation course?
- Where can I prepare to be a translator?
- What is a professional translation certificate?
- How can I complete a professional translation course?
- What sites provide professional translation jobs?
- What is a rate for a certified translation vs. regular translation?
- How can I study to become a translator or interpreter?
- How can I have a successful translator career?